This awareness-level module is designed as an entry level, 1-day course for in-house training by occupational and environmental health and safety specialists. Intended audiences include production personnel, engineering, management, and general safety personnel. The slides can be modified by users to focus on their unique workplaces and potentially exposed workers.
The following materials are available for download:
- Companion Reference Guide (by organisation)
- Companion Reference Guide (by silica)
- Combined Companion Reference Guide
- PowerPoint slides
The materials were developed by OHTA with the informal technical and educational input of The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), part of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
OHTA would like to express its gratitude to NIOSH for supporting this project.
The objectives of this training are:
- Define occupational safety and health
- Provide background on what silica is and where it is present
- Discuss where and how exposure to silica occurs
- Describe the health effects related to silica
- Discuss how you measure it
- Describe how you control it
- Attribution-ShareAlike (Licence Summary)
These course materials are provided under the above licence agreement unless otherwise specified within the documents.