This health and safety awareness training is intended as a general introduction to safety and industrial hygiene (occupational health) for people who generally will not have primary responsibility for these programs, but are involved in their implementation.
A companion to OHTA's self-directed, asynchronous, online course, this set of slides has been made freely available for self-instruction or teaching purposes. The course is designed to be completed in 2 to 4 hours.
It is intended to provide an overview of the issues and common solutions for people such as supervisors and managers such that they can recognize some common hazards, understand the hierarchy of controls and know when to ask for technical help in resolving problems.
Our sincere thanks go to the team who developed these slides:
- Zack Mansdorf Ph.D., CIH, CSP, QEP, Course Editor, OHTA
- Chris Laszcz-Davis, MS, CIH, COH, FAIHA, AIC Fellow, OHTA Co-Chair, Contributor and OHTA slide deck reviewer
- Marianne Levitsky, MS, CIH, ROH, Contributor, WHWB
- Debbie Dietrich, MS, CIH, Contributor
- Melissa Gould, CRSP, CHSC, Contributor, LMA
- David Hiipakka, CSP, CIH, MPH, Contributor, OHSS
- Ross Di Corleto, PhD, COH, Contributor, OHTA
- Alan Leibowitz, CIH, CSP, OHTA slide deck reviewer
- Attribution-ShareAlike (Licence Summary)
These course materials are provided under the above licence agreement unless otherwise specified within the documents.