June 21 - June 25, 2021
Cost: $3,000 AUD ex GST
Candidates will be introduced to toxicology, physiology and epidemiology and be able to identify chemical substances hazardous to health in their workplace and understand their harmful effects on target organs.
- Provide definitions of commonly used toxicological terms;
- Describe the main routes by which hazardous substances can enter the body, and the factors which influence their absorption, distribution, storage and elimination;
- Describe the main sources of information on hazardous substances and processes;
- Describe the main features of the principal target organs affected by hazardous substances at work, and the factors which influence the degree of harm;
- Describe the main routes of exposure and toxic and health effects for hazardous substances commonly encountered in the workplace;
- Carry out basic interpretation of the results from epidemiological studies.