May 18 - May 22, 2022
- Understand the nature of noise hazards in the workplace and the effects of noise on people.
- Learn how to assess noise in the workplace and in the general environment.
- Assess the significance of measurement data against compliance standards.
On completing this course successfully, the student will be able to:
- Describe the consequences to health and well-being of excessive exposure to noise.
- Understand the measurement (including dosimetry) of noise in relation to current standards.
- Conduct surveys in the workplace to assess risks from noise.
- Advise on the need and means of control including PPE.
- Appreciate and advise on environmental noise assessment and concern.
- Understand current standards and good practice in these fields.
- Physics of Noise
- Properties of Noise
- Definitions & Measurement Units
- Human Response to Noise
- The Ear and its Response to Sound
- Noise Exposure Limits
- Machinery Noise
- Assessment of Noise Risk
- Sound Level Meter
- Frequency Analysis
- Personal Noise Dosimetry
- Sound Power and Sound Intensity
- Noise Measurement & Assessment
- Noise Control & Hearing Protection
- Engineering Control of Noise
- Administrative Control
- Hearing Protection
- Introduction to Environmental Noise
- Propagation of Sound
- Measurement & Assessment
- Standards & Good Practices