This course aims to : Provide the student with a sound understanding of the effects of the thermal environment on people, and the means of assessing and controlling the risks associated with thermal stress.
- Identify sources of thermal stress within the working environment.
- Understand the nature of thermal strain on the body.
- Make an assessment of the thermal environment through appropriate measurement and other means.
- Evaluate the likely risk from exposure to thermal stress.
- Suggest appropriate control approaches for the thermal environment.
- The Thermal Spectrum
- Effects of Temperature Extremes
- Thermal Comfort
- Evaluation of Hot Environments
- Control of Hot Environments
- Thermal Surveys
- Evaluation of Cold Environments
- Control of Cold Environments
- Approaches to Risk Assessment