August 07 - August 10, 2023
To provide an introductory course outlining the broad principles of Occupational Hygiene as the basis for anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of hazards that can be encountered in the workplace.
- The value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist;
- The range of hazards [physical and chemical] in the workplace;
- Hazard recognition techniques;
- Sources and potential routes of exposure;
- Hazard evaluation, exposure assessment and the measurement processes;
- Methods of controlling exposure;
- The management of occupational hygiene programmes.
2. Human Physiology
3. Chemical Hazards
4. Physical Hazards
5. Hazard Evaluation
6. Control of Hazards