September 18 - September 28, 2023
Provide an introductory course outlining the broad principles in occupational hygiene as the basis for anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of hazards that can be encountered in the workplace.
On completing this course successfully, the student will have a basic understanding of:
• The value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist;
• The range of hazards (physical and chemical) in the workplace;
• Hazard recognition techniques;
• Sources and potential routes of exposure;
• Hazard evaluation, exposure assessment and measurement processes;
• Methods of controlling exposure;
• The management of occupational hygiene programmes.
2. Human physiology
3. Chemical hazards recognition
4. Physical hazards recognition
5. Hazard evaluation
6. Control of hazard