A Free Webinar To Inspire Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety (OEHS) Professionals
Winston Churchill once said that “You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give”. Many Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety (OEHS) professionals around the world live out these famous words through their commitment to worker and community health beyond their daily jobs.
This webinar will provide insight into the efforts of OEHS professionals in eight global organizations and their impact in mitigating OEHS and public health risks. Typically, these organizations support regions/countries not traditionally supported by robust governmental, industry, or community infrastructures. The all-star panel from eight global organizations will present:
- Their organization’s mission and challenges
- Partnerships with local communities and other associations
- Specific examples on how OEHS professionals can make a difference in the world today.
The panel, moderated by Chris Laszcz-Davis, MS, CIH, COH, FAIHA, FAIC, Co-Chair, Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA), includes:
- Manal Azzi, PhD, Team Lead, Global Occupational Safety & Health, International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Richard Hirsh, MPH, CIH, FAIHA: Chairperson, Developing World Outreach Initiative (DWOI)
- Jennifer Galvin, PhD, CIH (ret), DABT: President, Workplace Health Without Borders (WHWB)
- Steven Verpaele, MSc, CIH: Co-Chair, Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA)
- Maharshi Mehta, CIH, CSP, FAIHA: President, International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA)
- Laurence Svirchev, MA, CIH: Chairperson, AIHA International Affairs Committee
- Garrett Brown, MPH, CIH, FAIHA: Coordinator, Maquiladora Health and Safety Support Network
- Tom Fuller, ScD, CIH, CSP, MSPH, MBA, FAIHA, Chair, National AIHA Microgrants Program.
This free webinar promises to inspire all occupational hygienists and provide unique learning opportunities to:
- Understand global challenges and efforts undertaken by each organization and the potential OEHS impact.
- Explore ways in which hygienists can add value to these challenges and opportunities outside of one’s “paid” employment.
- Help hygienists engage practically on some of these fronts both domestically and globally, leveraging the skills and experience that each has to offer.
You can watch the webinar for free by signing up with AIHA here.